Saturday, November 17, 2007

Welcome Home Dave!!

We are so excited to have Dave home! We missed him dearly and are enjoying our "family reunion." Funny story: Whoever had grand visions of a wife running to greet her husband (after his absence on a two and a half week business trip) with a long embrace followed by several minutes of uninterrupted, loving gazes into each other's eyes OBVIOUSLY did not have a two and a half month old!

Dave's flight was scheduled to arrive at 6:12 p.m. Katelyn and I left in plenty of time to get to the airport. However, about halfway there, Katelyn decided that she wanted to eat a little earlier than normal, and she proceeded to loudly let me know about it! As I was driving and Katelyn was wailing, Dave called to let me know that his flight had just pulled into the gate. I explained to him that I really wanted to be able to meet him at the baggage claim area, but that as he could probably tell by the screaming in the background, Katelyn was not in the mood to wait, and I would need to feed her in the parking lot. I told him to give me a call when he had his bags, and I would pull around to pick him up. He said he would just plan to call me on my cell phone, and I could tell him where we were parked so I wouldn't have to get out of the car. Sounded good. So I pull into a parking space and went to get Katelyn out of her carseat. As I pick her up, I noticed that apparently, she had gotten so upset during our trip to the airport, that she had what we like to call a "blowout." It's exactly what it sounds like. I figured I would spare you any pictures in this particular blog entry. At this point, I knew I didn't have an option...we needed to go in the airport so I could change her diaper and her outfit (so glad I had a spare!). As we walked into the airport, I saw the baggage claim area that I knew Dave was supposed to be at. Sure enough, as we walked past a few people (all of whom were staring at the backside of sweet Katelyn), we spotted him. I walked up to him with a smile, and as I did, Dave saw the back of Katelyn, and we both just gave each other a side hug. I quickly headed to the bathroom (which thankfully was located right next to the baggage claim area AND had a changing station!!), and began the changing process....and I do mean process. About ten minutes later, we emerged from the ladies room as new women....Katelyn in her new outfit and clean diaper and me with a renewed spirit of humility. Welcome home Dave!!

No comments: