Thursday, November 13, 2008

A Fun Thanksgiving Craft!

So...one day Katelyn and I had a free afternoon, and I had this brilliant idea (actually, my friend Bethany gave me the idea last Thanksgiving because she did this craft with her son)! We made a handprint turkey! It was so fun! I tried to take a picture of the finished product, but for some reason, I couldn't get it to show up well in any of the pictures I took. So....I'm just including the sample picture from the internet that we used as a guide (http://www.familycorner.com).

We (read: I) had so much fun doing this! Katelyn just kept looking at me like "Tell me again why you're painting my hand??" I'm not the craftiest person, but motherhood is really starting to do something to me (especially on rainy days when we're inside most of the day!)!!! I also found a little poem from another website (http://www.dltk-holidays.com) that I thought was cute, so we included it too! We sent these to our family as a "We are thankful for you!" card.

This isn't just a turkey as you can plainly see
I made it with my hand which is a part of me
It comes with lots of love especially to say
I hope you have a very happy Thanksgiving day!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Awww - that is so cute!

Brittany said...

Katelyn's turkey is so much better!

The Scott's said...

Too cute! Brodie made one too...wish I would have thought to make cards out of it to send to family. Way to be creative Mrs. McCurdy...you girls are precious!