Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Kung Fu Katelyn!

So....we have this bamboo stick that serves as a fun piece of decor in our kitchen, and Katelyn has started "playing" with it! She looks like a martial arts queen when she starts pushing and twirling it around...either that or a future pole vaulter or baton twirler! Many of you know that Dave took a Kung Fu class when we lived in China! Katelyn must have somehow developed that talent in the womb since her daddy would always practice his moves when he came home! I know, I know...It's just a matter of time until she knocks something over or hits one of us (or herself) in the head, but until then...Enjoy the video below!



On another note, my mom had her first appointment with the oncologist last Thursday (Feb. 5), and he has recommended chemotherapy as the best treatment plan for now....no radiation, so we are thankful for that. She is hoping to start by the end of this month. It will be an 18 week process, with treatments every three weeks (a total of six visits). I'll share more as I know it, but in the meantime I would appreciate your prayers for her as she continues to recover from the surgery and prepares to start this new phase of treatment.

And on a last (but not least!) note, my youngest sister Brittany just turned 23 on Feb. 1st. She wanted us to take her to Potbelly's (a yummy sandwich shop) for her birthday dinner! So we did, and it was lots of fun! Katelyn was up way past her bedtime, and she loved every minute of it! I had my camera so we could take a picture there, but I totally forgot to ask someone to take it! Ughhh! So here is just a really cute picture of Brittany that I thought I would share as a tribute to this post about her birthday! Happy Birthday Brittany! We love you and are so thankful that you were born!

HAPPY BIRTHDAY BRITTANY!

1 comment:

Brittany said...

Thanks for the tribute - It's always such an honor to receive a shout-out on a site as prestigious as this one.