Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Blue Bell...the Best Ice Cream in the Country!

For those of you who don't know, my husband has a mild obsession with Blue Bell ice cream. When it goes on sale, the McCurdy family makes an event out of going to the store and choosing which kind(s) we will purchase. It's the little things in life....

So, when one of my friends texted me last month (thanks Kimberly!) and told me that the local Blue Bell distribution center was partnering with a Christian radio station to give out free Blue Bell ice cream treats along with tours of their freezers, I knew it would be a fun time for the whole family! And I was right! We stepped out of the hot Texas weather and into a - 20 F ice cream wonderland (aka freezer). Although they told us, "Take your time and stay in there as long as you want," we were ready for the heat again after a couple of cold minutes. :)

Here are some pics....

Enjoying our ice cream treat--Katelyn with her "push up" popsicle and Dave with his "bomb pop."

Dave and Katelyn with one of the Blue Bell employees

Katelyn taking her place on the ice cream distribution truck

The freezer! This was only a small portion of the ice cream we saw. I'm so proud of Dave for not bringing our ice chest and trying to sneak some home.

Katelyn saying "Burrr!" in the freezer

2 comments:

Brittany said...

I do believe I work pretty close to that distribution center. Is there a reason you didn't call?

dabradberrys said...

We'll put that on the list when we visit. Katelyn can entertain them while your daddy wheels out cartons of the Homemade Vanilla.