Friday, August 17, 2007

Fruit from Afar

Although we miss China very much, we have been encouraged to know that the Lord is still choosing to use us in the lives of our Chinese friends we made while we were there. We praise Him that distance is no obstacle to His bringing fruit in the lives of those who love Him and those who don't. Below are excerpts from an e-mail dialogue we thought you would enjoy and be encouraged by between Kristen and Rachel (one of the girls in her weekly study who became a Family member last summer). Kristen asked Rachel in a previous e-mail this summer how her and her boyfriend Joshua were doing (who is not a Family member), and below is the e-mail dialogue that corresponded....May the Lord continue to do a mighty work in Rachel's life, her tender heart, and the people around her.

Rachel wrote:

Well, I and Joshua is not going well these days. I'm a little bit disappointed with him. You know, his family are in the countryside, where most of the people there are believe in the traditional religion as "Fuo Jiao". They didn't believe in the Father. And Joshua tell me, if we are keep on the relationship I must give up my believe. I'm very upset.
Do you still remember the question I had asked you before? That is why a christain should married a christain. Now I know the reason.

For this, I don't think he know me very well. When I believe the Father, I fell quiet good. I should not too care for everything. I needn't think everything too much. Just do whatever I think is good, or I think the Father may think it is good. When I'm hurted, soon I will be recovery. But he just asked me to give up, or chose one between the Father and him. If you were me, which one will you choose? That is, leave him, I may fell upset for some days. But betray the Father, I really want to cry. I want to leave Joshua. But what's your opinion? And praying for you and your baby!

Kristen wrote:

Thank you for sharing about your situation with Joshua. I am sorry to hear that things are not going well. I know that must make you sad. However, here is my opinion...I believe that your relationship with the Father is much more important than your relationship with Joshua. The Father loves you very much and He desires that your love and devotion to Him is greater than any other. He will be close to you always, even in difficult situations like this. Although it may hurt to leave Joshua, the Father will comfort you and give you peace as you spend time reading His Word and talking to Him. I pry that Joshua will see for himself just how much the Father loves him and wants to have a relationship with him also. I hope this all makes sense.

I am prying for you and love you very much. Please keep me updated on how things are going.

Rachel wrote:

I and Joshua had broken out. Although I am a little upset. I agree with that no matter what happen, even something like this, the Father will still behind me. So I think I am brave enough to face the situation. I still have a lot of friends, maybe this is the the Father's way to let me fell better. And how are you and the baby? Hope to see your pictures! Preying for you and the baby girl!

Kristen wrote:

I'm so glad to hear of your decision. I know it was hard, but I also know it was for the best. I am so thankful that the Father has given you friends to support you and encourage you. Will you have the same roommates this year or different ones?

I attached a picture of me so you can see how big I am getting! :) The baby should be here very soon.

I am prying for you and miss you very much.

Rachel wrote:

So I don't know if the next semester I will get the same roommates or not. But I do understand that the Father will make the decision for me, right? I needn't too care it. I think now what I needed is just the peaceful. Can you give me some advices to get some peaceful?

Kristen wrote:

I am prying that you will have a peace from the Father during these times. He says in Psalm 46:10, "Be still and know that I am your Father." He also says in Isaiah 26:3, "[The Father] will keep in perfect peace all who trust in [Him], all whose thoughts are fixed on [Him]! Keep focusing on Him and His love for you and pry that He will give you His peace....I promise you that He hears you and He will give you peace in Him.

I know that the Father will give you the roommates He has planned for you...those you can encourage and share of the Father's love with! I am so thankful that Sarah has kept in touch with you. The Father knows what your needs are, and He will bring people into your life to comfort you.

No comments: