Thursday, May 22, 2008

5 Years of Wedded Bliss!

On May 17, we celebrated our 5 year wedding anniversary! The day started off with chocolate chip banana pancakes, one of Dave's favorites that I make. While he was getting the car washed, I whipped up another one of his favorites...a homeade carrot cake! Aunt Brenner babysat Katelyn that evening, and Dave surprised me by taking me to eat at this Chinese restaurant we have been wanting to try ever since we returned from China (almost a year ago)! It was delicious! Then we took a page from my parents book and went to the grocery store to pick out anniversary cards for each other. The way this works is....you don't actually buy the cards...you just hold up 2 or 3 and say, "This is a card I would get you!" It was so fun! Then we rented a movie, and before heading home, we stopped at Starbucks for a fun drink! It was so nice spending some SWEET quality time together!


1 comment:

Kimberly Geswein said...

Looks like a great day!

I'm not sure if you've ever been to First Chinese BBQ in Arlington, but it has the best, most authentic China-China food I've had in Texas. It is cheap too! It is probably not convenient to you all, but if you're ever in the area, it is at Collins and Pioneer Parkway (Collins is a few roads to the west of 360). It is in the parking lot of an Asian grocery store (and I'd say the name of the grocery store but it might have changed...) We ate there far far too often when we lived in Arlington ;).