Thursday, June 25, 2009

Precious Moments!

Dave has been in Atlanta this week, so Katelyn and I have had some very fun mommy/daughter time! Last night, we went on a date to Chick-Fil-A. One of her new phrases that she has picked up (I think from her Aunt Brittany!) is "awesome dude!" Katelyn says it like this: "Awe-thumb dode!"

So we were sitting in a booth together, and she was chowing down on her chicken nuggets like it was no body's business. Mid-bite she looked up at me and said with a big smile, "Awe-thumb dode!" I just started laughing and said it back to her with an equally big (if not bigger!) smile! It was such a sweet moment! Thank you, Lord, for allowing us to find joy in the little things!

And while I still have your attention...Katelyn has also been saying another cute phrase lately! Every morning we go on a walk around the neighborhood, and because it has been sooooo stinkin' hot lately, I always express just how hot it is outside by saying "Hot Tamales!" multiple times during our walk. Katelyn quickly responds to this by saying "Hot Mommies!" So cute! I'm not gonna lie...it's quite a confidence booster as I'm sweating like crazy, my hair is thrown up in a ponytail, and I feel like the most UN-hot woman on the block!

1 comment:

Brittany said...

i'm convinced dave taught her that, but i'll take the credit