Thursday, June 17, 2010

Asleep at the Door

Katelyn has had trouble lately staying in her bed once she is down for bedtime. Common excuses are "I need to go pee pee! I need a drink of water! Pat my back! Rock me! Sing 'Away in a Manger!'" The list could go on. I can't tell you how many times an evening we say, "Katelyn, get back in your bed." So, at first, when she stopped coming out, we assumed that she had gotten back in her bed and gone to sleep. Lesson learned: don't assume. On more occasions than we can count, we have found our sweet, tired daughter asleep at her door (and sometimes even in the hallway outside her door). Not quite brave enough to come out and take on mom and dad one more time, but too tired to get back in her bed....


3 comments:

Jessica said...

those are so adorable!

dabradberrys said...

May be time to get her a "big girl" bed. Does she wake up in the middle of the night or sleep on the floor all night?

Brittany said...

I remember pulling this more than a handful of times as a child. I really just wanted dad to pick me up and carry me to my bed. I think he finally caught on because I woke up in the middle of the night a couple of times, shocked that no one took me to my room!