Wednesday, May 14, 2014

Chop Chop

Katelyn and I have been consistently following the story of two girls (both a little older than her) who were diagnosed with cancer.  One goes to our church and the other is someone we heard about through our church, and she lives in California.  Katelyn had mentioned the idea of donating her hair some time ago, and with the summer quickly approaching and Great Clips having their week-long $6.99 Haircut Sale, we decided it was time to to take the plunge.  By "we" I mean, "we."  I told Katelyn that if she got her hair cut, then I would get mine cut with her.  So we did.  And it was awesome.  Short, but awesome.  Katelyn had to have a minimum of 10 inches to donate, but when I got home and took her ponytail out of the bag, it measured a foot!  I love her new look....



 Our favorite stylist at our favorite Great Clips



4 comments:

Jess said...

So short and cute! Perfect for summer.

Mamaw said...

Gorgeous hair and gorgeous girls!

Kristen said...

I love this post!How awesome that she had a foot of hair. She loves so cute with that haircut.

Brittany said...

I cannot believe her hair was so long! Perfect summer cuts; love it!