Thursday, August 14, 2014

2nd Annual Summer Lemonade Stand

We had another lemonade stand this summer!  Katelyn's charity of choice this year was Compassion International.  The children we sponsor through this organization all have August birthdays (like Katelyn!) so she wanted to raise money to donate for their birthday gifts.  We raised plenty of money for the birthday gifts and even had extra donations come in after the lemonade stand (thank you Mamaw and Peepaw) that she used to buy school supplies for kids through Communities in Schools, a local organization with which our church partners.   When all was said and done, we raised $100.44!  I think this is one of my favorite parts of the summer....I love being a part of something bigger than me.

 Katelyn signing her receipts






 A business lesson from Daddy.  Calculating Expenses, Revenue, and Profit!

3 comments:

Jess said...

I love the bigger picture of this event. So many people benefiting from lemons, sugar and water. Way to go McCurdy's!

Brittany said...

Business as Mission. Love it!

Mamaw said...

Don't know why I'm just now seeing this blog post! Must have gotten lost somewhere. I am so proud of all of you. God is smiling on you and blessing you!