Thursday, August 14, 2014

Kindergarten Reunion

So when you go from seeing the same kids every day at school to not really seeing them at all, you kind of start to miss them during the summer.  Rather than planning 17 different playdates for Katelyn this summer, we decided to work smarter, not harder (as my sister Brittany always reminds me).  We sent out an evite to her class for a kindergarten reunion party at the community pool!  We had everyone bring a snack, and made a super fun morning of it!  About half of the class came, and the kids seemed to really enjoy seeing one another (and the parents enjoyed catching up too!). 

 Katelyn is on the far right of the bottom left picture

Since her teacher couldn't make the party (I totally didn't even think about checking her schedule when planning it...I was more focused on the kids seeing each other!), we planned an afternoon smoothie date with her later in the summer!  Another boy in Katelyn's class joined us, and it was a fun and special time for them!


2 comments:

Jess said...

Fabulous idea. I'll have to keep that one in my pocket and pull it out in about four more years:)

Brittany said...

So fun! Love your thoughtfulness!