Tuesday, January 21, 2014

A Piece of Art

A new student just joined Katelyn's class a couple weeks ago. His name is Carston.  I've met him once when I went to read to her class.  He was nice enough, I guess.  Today Katelyn came home with a drawing (this is not unusual), but the drawing was from the new boy, Carston (this is unusual).  Did I mention that the drawing had hearts on it????  Our conversation went something like this:

Me: "Wow Katelyn!  This is a neat picture."
Katelyn: "Yeah.  Carston drew it for me."
Me: "Really?  That was thoughtful of him. (Pause) Did he draw one for everyone?"
Katelyn: "No.  Just me."
Me:  "You should show daddy!"




2 comments:

Brittany said...

I think he's trying to communicate that every time he sees Katelyn, his heart starts racing.

Jess said...

oh dear! i'm wiping my teary eyes from the laughter!