Wednesday, March 4, 2009

Chai Time!

Last week when Dave was in Atlanta, my sister Brittany came over for dinner and a slumber party with me and Katelyn! It was such a fun girl's night filled with homemade pizza rolls, drama on the Biggest Loser (including a rude interruption for some "Presidential Address to Congress"), and homeade chai tea lattes with cinnamon dolce syrup! Katelyn was only able to participate in eating the pizza rolls, but she looooooved every bite, and when bedtime rolled around, she was ready to snooze! I mean, she can only handle so much of me and Brittany when we get together!

So, let me elaborate on the chai tea latte part of our evening....my sister's favorite drink at Starbuck's is a Chai Tea Latte, and recently it's turned into a Chai Tea Latte with two pumps of cinnamon dolce syrup. She normally makes the drink herself because it's cheaper than buying one every morning from Starbucks and its easy to share that way! So I asked her to bring the ingredients so we could make one when she came over! It's important to keep in mind that there are only two ingredients Brittany had to remember: tazo chai tea concentrate and cinammon dolce syrup. I supplied the milk. Well, unfortunately, she forgot the cinammon dolce syrup...crucial to the drink! So....the only catch to me having the drink I had been looking forward to all day was that I had to drive up to Starbuck's (super close to our house!), not to get the drink, but to get the four pumps of cinammon dolce syrup to go in our drinks we made at home! My trip to Starbucks was a success and $.32 well spent!

Here are some pictures from our evening as well as the recipe for the drinks (you'll definitely have to enlarge the picture to read the recipe!).

1 comment:

Brittany said...

why don't you just start putting this as your post?: getreadyeurope.blogspot.com.