Wednesday, March 4, 2009

Search for the Perfect Chair

So I've been looking for a little T.V. chair for Katelyn to sit in when she watches her favorite video "Miss Patty Cake's Sing-A-Long Songs!" Up until this point, she sat on the couch (worked fine, just not very fun!) or the area rug in front of the T.V. (she had to tilt her head back to look up at the T.V.--again, not very fun!). I searched high and low with the following chair criteria:

1) Not too expensive (under $30)--I didn't want to spend a lot of money on a chair that she may or may not use and eventually out grow!

2) Not too big/bulky, not too small/dinky--I didn't want something that was so big and bulky that it looked like another piece of furniture, but I didn't want something so small that it fell apart when she sat in it (the girl loves to eat!).

3) Comfy--I want my little girl to be comfy when she watches her favorite video or PBS cartoons (Clifford and Curious George are her two favorites!). I promise my daughter doesn't watch T.V. all day...but when she does have that need to sit back and relax, I want her to enjoy it!

4) Not gender specific--When Katelyn outgrows this sucker, I want to be able to use it again when we have another bambino (not planning on that anytime soon!)...and if that bambino is a boy, I don't want him to have to sit in a girly T.V. chair!

5) Color that matched our living room decor--I know you're thinking this is stupid, but whatever! The colors to match are turquoise and brown.

6) Versatile--It would be nice to be able to use the chair outside too!

And the winning chair is......the $10 planet chair from Big Lots! It was originally $15, but it was on sale!! I added some cute ribbon that I bought at Wal-Mart for $.80 to make the chair a little more fun and girly, and of course, the ribbon colors also match our living room decor!



2 comments:

Brittany said...

Watch out Martha Stewart! You should see if Real Simple has any part-time, remote positions they need you to fill.

p&k said...

LOVE IT! You rock, Kristen . . . and your new little TV chair matches your blog decor too!