Tuesday, May 5, 2009

Hello Haircut!


So Katelyn kindof had two first haircuts. While Dave was in Atlanta, I got a wild hair (actually, I got a hold of Katelyn's wild hair!), and decided to trim Katelyn's bangs. I have had such a hard time keeping them out of her face...I've tried clips, ponytail holders, you name it...they all fall out or she pulls them out! Now I'm no professional hair stylist, so I just did what I knew to do...cut straight across. They didn't look too bad, but they didn't look like a professional cut them either. It totally did the trick though! Mission accomplished.

Before the above episode, I had arranged for my friend Elly to come over and teach me how to cut Katelyn's hair. I should have just held out on cutting her bangs until then, but as I mentioned before, it was an impulse decision. Elly has two daughters (one is Katelyn's age), and she cuts their hair. "How hard could it be?" I thought. Well let me tell you, it's hard! After watching Elly for a few minutes and listening to her detailed instructions, I decided to give it a whirl. Two snips of the scissors later, Elly was doing her best to fix my work. She was so patient! Speaking of patient, Katelyn did great sitting still, and Elly's girls did great just entertaining each other and playing! As if the haircut wasn't enough, Elly also put Katelyn's hair in some cute pigtails before she left (she is super talented at styling hair too!). She left me with some fun ponytail holders and left Katelyn with a lollipop treat! I didn't take any pictures during the actual cutting process because I was entertaining Katelyn, but here is a cute one with her pigtails.

1 comment:

Brittany said...

Desktop wallpaper? I think so.